Friday, August 29, 2008

Oh the Joy of New (Maternity) Jeans!


I'm laughing as I type, because it suddenly hit me that I'm becoming what I told myself I wouldn't become...the pregnancy-obsessed woman, who has the need to let everyone know (interested or not...mostly uninterested I'm sure!) about every detail of the whole process!

So anyway...

Can you believe at 10 weeks I can't fit into any of my old jeans? (What's scarier is the fact that I haven't been able to button them since week 7.) I have played with the idea of maternity jeans since week 8, but all those pregnancy sites scoff at that idea, telling me I can wait another month or two.

Well, I'm sorry dear pregnancy sites, but I miss my jeans. And my belly is looking really fat right now. And I know that makes me a pregnancy freak or something, but it's true.

It was probably due to the guilt trip that was laid on by those sites, but I felt very conspicuous...almost GUILTY, looking at maternity jeans yesterday. Luckily the maternity section at Bon-Ton was pretty quiet...and to my surprise everything was on sale!

I was pleased that I fit loosely in a size M pair of petite maternity jeans (it made up for the humiliation of standing before that merciless 4 way mirror...just a little bit.) The waist was a little baggy...but oooooh man, were they comfortable! It was like putting on a pair of sweat pants...except they were jeans. (What an awesome invention!) It didn't take much thought before I was off with my maternity jeans to the check-out-line.

It feels so indescribably good to be wearing jeans again...and it feels even better to not have my stomach popping up over a buttoned waistline. With a belt they work just fine, and me and baby are very comfortable. And now I can finally go wash that old skirt I've been wearing the past two months and put her away in a drawer for a little while! :)

No comments: