Monday, August 18, 2008

I Love My Fancy Camera

[Matt took this picture with our fancy camera.]

...And I'll say it again...I LOVE my fancy camera! I'm not a great photographer, but this camera makes my pictures look like I could be one!

It's a Nikon d80...a dSLR (digital Single Lens Reflex) camera. I'm not 100% positive on what the exact definition of dSLR is (I could look it up for you right now, but I'm too lazy...) My definition is: A highly complicated, technical gadget that can use a wide variety of lenses, and basically works like a completely manual old-fashioned camera...except it's digital.

Ok so my definitions aren't that great, but that's the gist of it.

I don't like to talk about the technical workings of our fancy camera...I'll save that for my husband Matt, who LOVES explaining complicated, technical gizmos. All I really care about is, the camera takes darn good pictures, and I really enjoy using it.

I use the fancy camera all the time. Like this past 4th of July...


[This fireworks photo was taken by Matt.]

And to chronicle my rare dabbles in craftiness...

[Easter dress for one of my nieces.]

...The camera comes in handy to get silly pictures of my favorite mutts, Django and Moby...


...and to take a picture of our 6.5 wk. sonogram picture, as it hung on the refrigerator...because I still can't figure out the scanner...


...and to capture a bird on my husband's head...


[I mean, this kind of happening isn't an every day thing around here...]

Have I mentioned I LOVE black and white photography?


[Well, I really do love black and white photography.]

I used the camera to take a picture of my husband's hair... before his mother cut it all off...

[I actually really like his haircut. I only occasionally miss his shaggy look.]

I use the camera to take pictures of unusual architecture...because Matt and I are weird that way...we always notice architecture... And whether or not a roof is gabled or hipped...or even dutch hipped...because we're weird like that.

[Unitarian Church in Fairhaven, MA.]

[I love thatched roofs.]

I even use the camera to take pictures of me...because I like the way pictures I take of me look, and I usually don't like the way pictures OTHER people take of me look. (Hmm...I said "I" 4 times and "me" 3 times...in just 1 sentence.)




No comments: