Monday, August 25, 2008

10 Weeks

[From L to R... Head - Hand - Belly - Feet!]

Here's our healthy little baby. (Emphasis on the healthy...*sigh of major relief!*)

I was so nervous going in this morning. I could hardly get any breakfast down, and was shaking walking into the office. We had a long wait in the waiting room before being called back for the ultrasound.

Unfortunately, to make matters worse, I soon learned I had to have a vaginal ultrasound, rather than the normal "on the belly" kind...due to having had bleeding a few weeks ago. It was extremely uncomfortable, as always...until she found the baby.

There he was kicking and wiggling his teeny legs and arms...his heartbeat going fast and strong. I couldn't believe how much bigger he was since last time! What amazing growth in only 4 weeks! As soon as I saw him, all the discomfort didn't matter a single bit anymore. I started laughing like a nut, then proceeded to burst into tears. It was an amazing moment.

Since some of you have a hard time reading the 2D ultrasound images, I am happy to announce I have a special surprise for you. The ultrasound technician gave us a bunch of 3D images of the baby - they are absolutely incredible, and I am so happy to show them to you...




I saved my favorite for last. It's baby's cute little BUM! :) I just can't stop staring at his perfect arms and legs...what luck to catch him sucking on his thumb at the ultrasound!

It was a marvelous day. I'm really pregnant...really, really pregnant!

2 comments:

PilgrimHeiress said...

I'm awed. At you, the baby, and God. Those pictures are just too cool. Just too cool!

Gracie G. said...

You are assuming that it's a boy I see...
I still say that in that last picture the baby's face looks like you. I can't wait to see what it looks like when it's born. I get to play the 'who does the baby look like' game.
Congrats. :)