Friday, October 31, 2008

Doing My Part

I did my duty this week, and went to the local Courthouse to vote...

I decided to go early, because there's something else exciting happening on November 4th - our 20 week ultrasound!

I have to admit, I'm much more excited about seeing my baby on election day than I am about who the next President of the United States is going to be, but it does give me just the tiniest bit of an emotional, patriotic thrill to cast my ballot in an election - even though I am thoroughly disgusted with how this election has played out, with its smearing tactics and biased media.

In the past couple of weeks, it has been hard to recognize this country as the same one I was raised to love and give allegiance to - it's a scary world that is possibly going to get a whole lot scarier... I just hope whoever God allows into the Oval Office in January will allow Americans to retain the freedoms and liberties that make us unique in the world.

No comments: