Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Meghan McCain's Blog

*Life update: Busy-ness! We are preparing to move (hopefully this weekend) so the house is disorganized, and I've been busy with cleaning, packing and chasing our two rascally dogs. Sorry for the lack of more personal posts - as soon as things calm down, I'm excited about organizing photos and getting back into some serious blogging.*

I was excited to find a blog written by John McCain's daughter, Meghan. I don't know much about her, other than she's the daughter of a high-profile politician, and that she loves to write. She just had a children's book published entitled "My Dad, John McCain."

Her blog has some neat tidbits about life behind the scenes of the McCain/Palin campaign. There are also a lot of neat pictures, so if you get a moment, check it out!

Tonight is the 3rd, (or is it the 2nd?) night of the RNC. I got to watch a couple of minutes of last night's events - mainly Laura Bush and President Bush's addresses. Tonight, however, I am committed to sticking around to see Palin's primetime speech. After all the malicious smearing attempts from the media this week, I'm very excited to hear what she has to say tonight, and to learn what kind of reaction she'll get from viewers across the nation.

2 comments:

PilgrimHeiress said...

I watched too. I was very impressed. I loved the line: I think we know the only person running for president who has really ever fought for this country. She's definitely not a peaches and cream, fluff piece. She went right after the other side.

I think the next two months will be a battle to behold among these candidates!

Wow!

Becky said...

We stayed up to watch her speech as well. Too bad she's not the one running for president! My pessimistic view is that McCain is using her to get conservatives excited about him and his campaign. It seems to be working. But really, how much influence does a VP have? McCain's the one who would be the president and there's plenty to dislike about him.

I was planning to vote for him anyway, even before he chose Palin. Only because I want to vote AGAINST Obama. :-) And because McCain says he will appoint pro-life judges. But still I cringed everytime I saw his cute mistriss-turned-second-wife in the audience.